Sunday, February 6, 2011

Goal for 2011: Write in my Journal

We had a lesson in church today about personal revelation. Well, it turned into a lesson about writing in your journals. The teacher started by talking about reasons for personal revelation and different ways and times we get it. Several people made the same comment: "when I write down the impressions I get from the Spirit, I get more of them" :) After that, people started sharing stories about the abundance of blessings they received because of their journal writing and the cool things they remember from going back and reading past entries. It was a didactic one for me. I have never been any good at consistently keeping a journal. And I have never felt too bad about it...until today. It hit me: the full impact of all my personal history that will be forgotten because I don't take the time to write it down. It's a little depressing, actually. But that only strengthens my resolve and gives me a more personal reason to keep a journal. I won't do it just because my parents and the people I look up to tell me I should, but because I want to remember. I want to remember all the things I learn by the Spirit. I want to remember all the fun things that happen to me and the little miracles I see in my life and the lives of the people around me. I want to remember, and so I make this resolution: even though it's already February, this year I will write on this blog or in my journal often. Now it's in writing and it's official. TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I love your blog girl! I read it back when you were still at DisneyWorld and I was so jealous that you got to go and have such a wonderful experience! I was too scared to write a blog myself about my boring life. :)

    This post is beautiful -- it really made me want to journal. <3

    ReplyDelete