Today was a really great day. :) I started it off by hiking with Logan and Andrea through a 'campo' which reminded me of some of the trails at girls camp. There were pine trees, rabbits, squirrels, bugs, rocky paths where mountain bikers kept passing us, lots of hills and small mountains of clay. It was kind of overcast and there was an occasional breeze. Gah it was perfect!
From that, I came home to a breakfast of toast and marmalade, magdalenas, and the best fresh pear I've ever had. It was so perfectly ripe, soft, and sweet that I peeled it and then just bit into it like an apple. Mmmm :)
After a quick shower, I put on my dress and took the train into Madrid with a large group to do baptisms for the dead in the Madrid temple. That was amazing!!! I've only heard the ordinance in Spanish once before, in Texas. But this was something totally different. The Spirit was incredibly strong and reminded me that Heavenly Father speaks all languages. The love I felt there was so...thick and comfortable. Not to mention, the building itself is breathtakingly beautiful. I mean, wow. The simple, white, carved stone reminds me of all the cold cathedrals and castles we've toured in the past few weeks, only more pure and holy.
Then, to top it all off, during and after dinner I had some great conversation with our Chinese roommate, Naomi, and my 'madre española'. I felt really confident in my language skills, which I'm discovering is kind of a hit-n-miss thing. I got to learn some cool things about the Spanish government, monarchy, and the civil war; the climate in China, traditional roles of women in both Spain and China and lots of other great stuff. We laughed and joked about housemate interviews, which made me think of my upcoming roommate contract with Angela, and it was just awesome. Then Naomi left and Luisa and I got to have some one-on-one time. She told me how grateful she is to have Caitlin and I here, now. She's definitely a blessing in my life, and apparently I am "an angel in her house". I don't know about being an angel, but I'm really glad I'm here. TTFN
From that, I came home to a breakfast of toast and marmalade, magdalenas, and the best fresh pear I've ever had. It was so perfectly ripe, soft, and sweet that I peeled it and then just bit into it like an apple. Mmmm :)
After a quick shower, I put on my dress and took the train into Madrid with a large group to do baptisms for the dead in the Madrid temple. That was amazing!!! I've only heard the ordinance in Spanish once before, in Texas. But this was something totally different. The Spirit was incredibly strong and reminded me that Heavenly Father speaks all languages. The love I felt there was so...thick and comfortable. Not to mention, the building itself is breathtakingly beautiful. I mean, wow. The simple, white, carved stone reminds me of all the cold cathedrals and castles we've toured in the past few weeks, only more pure and holy.
Then, to top it all off, during and after dinner I had some great conversation with our Chinese roommate, Naomi, and my 'madre española'. I felt really confident in my language skills, which I'm discovering is kind of a hit-n-miss thing. I got to learn some cool things about the Spanish government, monarchy, and the civil war; the climate in China, traditional roles of women in both Spain and China and lots of other great stuff. We laughed and joked about housemate interviews, which made me think of my upcoming roommate contract with Angela, and it was just awesome. Then Naomi left and Luisa and I got to have some one-on-one time. She told me how grateful she is to have Caitlin and I here, now. She's definitely a blessing in my life, and apparently I am "an angel in her house". I don't know about being an angel, but I'm really glad I'm here. TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment