Monday, March 11, 2013

Why I have trust issues

Okay so I don't really have trust issues....but kinda. Having been raised in Arizona, my first encounter with Daylight Savings Time didn't happen until I came to college. By then, I wasn't even using a real clock, alarm or otherwise. I woke up to my cell phone and I didn't start doing the wristwatch thing until last summer. Luckily for me, cell phones are set to satellite time, which means they "spring forward" and "fall back" all on their own. Or at least they SHOULD!!!!!!! I just about had a heart attack this morning when my roommate woke me up saying I had 30 minutes to get ready for church. It went something like this:

     "Impossible!" I told her. "My alarm hasn't gone off yet so I have at least an hour. I'm going back to sleep."
     "Katie," she gently reminded me, "it's Daylight Savings."
     "Yeah, and my phone is automatic, duh....." I retorted.
     "Hun, it's not 7:30. It's 8:30."
     "Then why does my phone say 7:30?"
     "Well obviously Apple products are superior." [insert shifty, sarcastic eye movement and shoulder shrug here]

Long story short, my freaking phone didn't switch to DST until I turned it on and off. And I got ready for church in record time. The punk piece of machinery!! My confidence in satellite-linked technology is shot.

Kind of like the day I found out that not everything on the internet is true. Universe shattered.

2 comments:

  1. Satellite-linked technology is inaccurate, unless you have a satellite phone that I am not aware of. Your cell phone would be using cell-towers that are on the ground, not in space. If you do have a sat phone when need to go use it in the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then cell towers send it to outerspace and back, yeah? If not we need to have a technology lesson. And then go camping :)

      Delete