Friday:
Catch some summer sun, fill a prescription, call the BYU advisement center to schedule a phone appointment to talk about my future, and watch a movie in the comfort of my apartment since it is dang hot outside! In case you're wondering about my academic advisor, I am still technically a Chemical Engineering major. I know that's NOT what I want to do, but I'm not quite sure what I'd rather do instead. I am leaning between Biophysics and Physical/Developmental Biology right now with the hope that I can either start a family or go to medical school upon graduation from BYU. If I do end up studying medicine, I think I'd like to be either a dermatologist, a pediatrician, or an otolaryngologist (an ear-nose-throat doctor :) And maybe I'll even serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints along the way. In any case, I need to make sure I'm on the right track to graduate in this decade :)

Saturday:
Some more sun, shopping at the Magical Warehouse of Super Cheap Disney Stuff (aka Cast Connection), and a Puerto Rican birthday party. I've started my Disney merchandise collection. I got a ton of stuff 75% off, including this fabulous Mickey Mouse watch! I love my life!! The birthday party was probably my favorite part of the day, though. I work with a guy from Puerto Rico. His name is Waldemar, but we call him Wally :) His birthday was on Tuesday and to celebrate, he wanted to make food for all of his friends. Kind of backward if you ask me. It was fun though and the food was...incredible!! I went with an open mind but I was prepared not to like it and just be polite. But it was nothing like the Mexican food I was expecting. I am a chicken when it comes to spicy, but this was nothing of the sort. Wally and his neighbor are excellent cooks and the food was so flavorful and delicious. If you ever have a chance to go to Puerto Rico or eat their food, I highly recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised and quite impressed. I may also have some new Puerto Rican buddies :)
Sunday:
Go to church (yay!), catch up on all the happenings with my BYU roommates, and take a wonderful nap in my new Disney hoodie - my, how comfortable 75% off a $55 sweatshirt feels :)
All in all it's been a great weekend but I am excited to go back to work tomorrow. TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment