Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Day Off at the Studios

I am so spoiled! I don't want to brag, I just want to be grateful. Yesterday, I had the day off. After sleeping in, I packed up my wallet-clipped-on-a-lanyard (a one-day-in-the-park, convenient alternative to a purse) and headed off to Hollywood Studios. I really did feel like I was walking the streets of Hollywood and seeing the shows. I got to experience The Voyage of the Little Mermaid: a super cute stage show telling the story of Ariel and her friends with puppets and actors alike, Lights, Motors, Action!: an epic, testosterone-boosting stunt show complete with custom-made cars, motorcycles, and jet-skis, Indiana Jones: a movie stunt show spectacular, and The Backlot Tour: where I got to participate in a thoroughly drenching film sequence. It was so much fun!! I don't even think residents of Hollywood, California get that much action in one day :) At the end of it all, I got to break it down at the Rock-n-Glow Dance Party to the beat of the park-local band Mulch, Sweat, & Shears (a landscaping by day, rock band by night family). I love Disney's attention to detail, storytelling ability, and the atmosphere shows and characters. Ooo! I also ate my very first funnel cake yesterday! After listening to my mom's stories of making them at Dutch Wonderland, I can't believe I've never had one before. But I'm glad my first one was a magical one :)
And now as I sit writing all of this, a thunderstorm passes by. I am crossing my fingers I won't have to face a hurricane while I'm here. But a bit of thunder and some light rain I can handle with enthusiastic satisfaction. I love the rain. I blame it on growing up in Mesa (where, when it rains, you run outside and dance in that sucker before it stops), but I think I'd love it regardless of where I grew up. It could be the cleansing the rain brings, the fresh scents of nature, the beautiful overcast lighting, or the romantic fantasy every girl thinks about :) Whatever the reason, I love this weather. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment