Sunday, May 2, 2010

Backlot Express

Today was the first day I got to work in my area. I learned where everything was, and I mean EVERYTHING! I got to work at two of the stations, and I'll learn the others day by day. The Backlot Express is themed like a warehouse where they store and create movie props. It's way fun. And, like everything Disney, there is SO MUCH to look at. Every little piece and knick knack and gizmo is part of the theme, and there are LOTS of them! So people come in, place an order, we fill it, they pick it up, then they get their drinks and condiments over at the station. It's your basic fast-food joint :) But hey, I'm in the Happiest Place on Earth and I get to play whenever I am not working. Boo. Ya. So I got trained today on the counter (where we fill the orders and guests pick them up) and the dish machine (very high tech stuff!). I had a great time interacting with guests and meeting some of my co-workers. I'm just sad I had to miss church today. They had me scheduled for a weird time so I couldn't make the morning or evening sacrament meetings. But next Sunday I have the day off, and I am going to talk to my manager and request either to not work Sundays or to work early or late so I can make it to sacrament at least. Today was satisfying because I learned so much and I am really working at Disney World! But there was something missing...oh yeah, church :) Anyway, I've been on my feet all day and I am so ready for my crappy little mattress and cheapo pillow ;) TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment