Monday, May 17, 2010
I love my job...
For the past few days, I've been on register. It's way fun, I get to interact with guests, and I don't have to work in the kitchen. So when we're busy, all the registers are open. But when we slow down, the coordinators find things for half of us to do. One of these things is called Hula-Hoops. And I love it! Basically, I get to let little kids play with Hula-Hoops while their parents order food. I makes the kids' day and keeps them out of the parents' hair while they're trying to order food for 4 or 5 kids. (I speak from experience.) It's so awesome to watch their faces as they try, and succeed or don't. But it's these moments when I really feel like a Disney Cast Member making magic, and not just a girl working in a burger joint (however magical those burgers may be). Some of the kids don't even speak any English. So I find ways of encouraging them with universal signals like "WOW" and "thumbs up" and smiling. It's so cool :) All in all, I love my job. If you haven't figured that out at this point, wow are you lost. This is one of the greatest experiences of my life thus far, and it's only the beginning (of my life and the experience). I can't wait until the end when I can't look back at all that I have learned and grown. TTFN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment